Greater Washington Maternal Fetal Medicine & Genetics is seeking a full-time prenatal genetic counselor for our practice. Job can be based in either Rockville, MD or Fairfax, VA. Some virtual work is possible. Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited training program and be ABGC/ABMG Board Certified/Board Eligible.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated team player with excellent organizational and communication skills to join a well-established and respected practice in the Washington DC area.
Services offered at the practice include chorionic villus sampling, amniocentesis, non-invasive prenatal testing, first trimester screening, genetic carrier screening, teratogen counseling, diabetes management, intrauterine ultrasound and targeted 2D and 3D ultrasound. We use state of the art GE E10 Ultrasound machines and ViewPoint imaging and diagnostic software.
· Providing prenatal and preconception genetic counseling to a diverse population, serving high risk patients
· Coordination of genetic screening and testing and disclosure of results
· Preconception genetic counseling with referrals from local fertility specialists
· Educational resource for patients, families, providers, and medical staff
· Additional opportunities for outreach and education to the community in the form of visits to the referring physician offices
· Opportunity to serve as a clinical rotation site for both the Johns Hopkins/NIH and University of Maryland genetic counseling training programs, thus providing a teaching opportunity to those interested.
· Assisting with setting up consultations for patients with fetal anomalies at Children’s National Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Fetal Therapy Center, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, INOVA Fairfax Hospital, and other local university programs.
Rockville and Fairfax are located in the suburbs or Washington DC. Both areas are known for excellent public and private schools, diverse cultural opportunities, and numerous parks and recreation sites.
New graduates are encouraged to apply and will receive training from our experienced counselor.
Greater Washington MFM & Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary Information: Commensurate with experience.
Internal Number: 0517
About Greater Washington Maternal-Fetal Medicine & Genetics
Greater Washington Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Genetics, located in Rockville, MD, Silver Spring, MD and Fairfax VA is the premier Maternal-Fetal and Genetics specialty group in the mid-Atlantic region. Our doctors have appeared on the Discovery Channel, National Geographic and the Today Show. Led by Dr. Thomas Pinckert, MD,FACOG, FACMG, our team of experts in high risk pregnancy and genetics assists prospective and expecting mothers with complicated maternal-fetal medical conditions, multiple gestations, fetal diagnosis, and genetic disorders. We also specialize in the delivery of multiples (triplets and up).