Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center has provided high quality health care to residents of western Orange County since 1971. Our 400-bed hospital has grown to meet its communitiesï¿½ needs to become the full-service hospital it is today. Our many distinctions include Primary Stroke Center and Advanced Inpatient Diabetes Care certifications by The Joint Commission, one of only two CCS-Certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Assists with identification of patient's emotional needs and needs of their family system in the area of crisis intervention.
2. Assists staff with support and direction as needs arise in areas of stress, death and dying, families/patients in crisis situations and/or in management of specific behavioral problems (i.e. hostile, hysterical or depressed patient and/or family.)
3. Maintains statistical information as requested.
4. Completes concise and timely documentation in patientï¿½s chart
5. Assist with mental health resources where such opportunity exists.
6. Relates to patients/staff in a courteous, professional manner.
7. Timely assessment of patients who desire medical and surgical care without the use of blood or blood products per Policy# 8630ï¿½ B 1.0
8. Identifies all high risk, high volume problem prone patients as indicated by QA plan in specified time frame.
9. Provides emotional support/counsel/grief counseling as appropriate or needed.
10. Ascertains and assists in conjunction with ancillary if referrals for assistance (i.e.: shelters, medi-cal, counseling, regional center, CCS etc) are needed.
11. Assists families (if needed/requested) to help arrange for burials, cremations, etc.
12. Coordinates child abuse reports.
13. Refers SCN/Term Nursery patients for needed post discharge services (i.e. family resource center, family support network, etc.)
14. Assists in discharge planning needs.
ADULT (19-69 YEARS)/
GERIATRIC (70 YEARS AND OLDER)
15. Identifies all high risk, high volume, and problem prone patients as indicated by QA plan in specified time frame.
16. Provides emotional support/counsel/grief counseling as appropriate or needed.
17. Educates patient/staff about patientï¿½s rights.
18. Provide patients, families, and staff with assistance regarding advanced directives completion, notary public, duties of agent, etc.
19. Ascertains (in conjunction with ancillary staff) if referrals for assistance (i.e.: shelters, Medi-cal, etoh rehab, counseling, etc) are needed.
20. Coordinates spousal/elder abuse reports.
21. Assists discharge planners with needs of patients as requested.
22. Completes other duties as assigned
A. Minimum Education: Minimum of a Masters of Social Work (MSW) degree.
B. A Social Worker working with the 0-21 years of age population must be CCS paneled within 6 months of hiring.
C. Minimum Experience: Two to three years of social work experience in an acute hospital setting is desired.
D. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Capacity to deal with complex cases. Ability to apply psychosocial assessment to an adult (18 years or older) and pediatric (birth to 18 years) populations. Ability to apply the dynamics of normal and deviant behavior relating to mental health functioning of individuals, families and groups of ages 0-18 years for pediatric, 19-69 years for adult and over 70 years for geriatric populations based on assigned areas.
Job: Therapy and Rehabilitation
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005020713
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.