The ED Tech II is a member of the emergency department patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The ED Tech II is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and ED Tech II skills and scope of practice.
1. Performs patient transport including cardiac monitored patients. Effectively communicates changes in patient conditions including, but not limited to, changes in VS and cardiac rhythm. Assists registered nurse/physician with stabilization of patient.
2. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission vision and values of the DMC. *
3. Assists the registered nurse by gathering data on patient conditions, direct patient observation. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Documents interventions and patient responses according to policy. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations. *
4. Assists in the training/orientation of other technicians and care team members as directed. *
5. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards. *
6. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort and privacy and expresses interest in patient progress. Answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/responsibilities. Maintains confidentiality. *
7. As required by unit needs, performs general clerical duties which may include, but are not limited to, answering telephones and call lights, greeting patients and visitors. *
8. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability (with the institution) for maintaining competencies. *
5. Six months direct patient care experience preferred.
6. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification for Children's Hospital of Michigan employees only.
1. Good analytical and observational problem-solving skills.
2. Mathematical ability to perform calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division etc.
3. Ability to adapt to new technologies used in the work environment.
4. A high level of interpersonal and verbal skill and team work commitment in order to effectively function as a team member in support of all services delivered on the patient unit and to effectively communicate with patients, their families and other hospital personnel to address customer needs.
5. Good reading, writing and comprehension skills in order to understand, effectively communicate and contribute to procedures, processes, orders, methods and standards.
6. Physical ability to regularly (80-90% of work time) walk and stand; lift soiled linens and move equipment as necessary; transport patients and assist patients in repositioning, bed to stretcher transferring or car to wheelchair or stretcher transfer, basic activities of daily living and maintenance locomotion requiring lifting (very heavy 60+ pounds), bending, pulling, pushing, standing and walking.
7. Visual acuity and manual dexterity.
8. Ability to perform routine clerical functions such as answering telephones, taking messages and basic retrieval of computer information.
9. Demonstrates willingness to make a meaningful contribution to the work environment as evidenced through behavior and attitude.
10. Competency is reading cardiac monitors and identifying arrhythmias.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
If Other Shift, Specify: 2 - 12 hours shifts, 2 - 8 hour shifts
Shift Begin: 7:00 AMShift End: 7:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905043485
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.