• Perform moderate and high complex clinical testing within the Clinical Chemistry and Hematology specialties.
• Specimen receipt and in-coming visual inspection for quality control.
• Calibrate instrumentation, validate quality of assay, perform cleaning, maintenance, alignment procedures, quality assurance assays, and troubleshooting on equipment.
• Identifies and reports Reportable Quality incidents to manager.
• Perform proficiency testing.
• Maintain a clean laboratory space.
• Remain competent in all areas of laboratory and attend relevant trainings/webinars.
• Has ability and desire for functional cross-training in other testing specialties in the laboratory.
• Performs system-level verification and validation activities
• Ability to write or assist with writing SOPs for the laboratory
• Maintain daily/weekly logs and QC documents for assays and equipment. Assures the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory's Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures.
• Perform data entry on samples received in laboratory.
• Support inventory maintenance by monitoring inventory levels of reagents and consumables, providing alerts when needed.
• Ensures that all documentation pertaining to laboratory testing activities, preventative maintenance activities, quality control testing, deviations from protocols, and other laboratory activities is current and follows good documentation practices
• Maintains the appropriate certifications and participates in continuing education activities routinely.
• Adheres to MedLogic core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures.
Recognizes situations where more skilled personnel should be consulted to assist with trouble
Required Skills/ Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in a biological, chemical, or physical science
• Must qualify as a high-complexity testing personnel and hold a CLS-Generalist license in the State of Louisiana
• 1-3 years Chemistry and Hematology clinical testing
• Ability to trouble-shoot technical issues with instrumentation and test results. Recognizes situations where more skilled personnel should be consulted to assist with trouble-shooting
• Experience using AU480 (Beckman Coulter), Access-2 (Beckman Coulter), and Medonic M-series testing platforms
• Strong independent problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Fluent using MS Word, & Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
2 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
About MedLogic Laboratories
MedLogic Laboratories, a rapidly growing Specialty Laboratory located on the campus of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is seeking a Medical Technologist for our Blood Chemistry Department.