American Oncology Network, LLC (AON) in Fort Myers, Florida, seeks an Associate Laboratory Director who is board certified/eligible in Clinical Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics (or LGG). This individual with be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the cytogenetics and FISH labs and will play a key role in establishing the Next Gen Sequencing Lab.
The Genetics Laboratories are located in the AON Pathology Lab, a state-of-the-art facility with highly trained staff that includes Hematopathologists, surgical Pathologists, and a Clinical Cytogeneticist. In addition to genetics testing, the lab menu includes histology, ish, and flow cytometry.
AON was created and is led by the team responsible for the success of Florida Cancer Specialists and Research Institute, the nation’s largest independent community oncology practice. With over 30 years of successfully improving and advancing community oncology practices, we are able to focus on providing the highest quality of care for the patients, including advanced lab services. Please visit our website at www.aoncology.com
Develops Standard Operating Procedure in the cytogenetics and molecular genetics laboratories and ensures adherence to the SOPs
· Responsible for adherence to the quality management and improvement programs of the laboratory
· Ensures that technologists are qualified to perform required tasks
· Ensures that continuing education opportunities are available to technologists
· Evaluates areas in which the quality of service can be improved
· Notifies referring physician if additional testing is warranted as determined by initial chromosome, FISH, or molecular testing
· Ensures that testing systems developed for molecular genetic analyses performed in the lab provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance, which include preanalytical, analytical, and post-analytical phases of testing
· Validates molecular genetic tests before implementation in the laboratory and ensures continued validity through evaluation of quality control samples
· Assists the Lab Director in reviewing all cytogenetic and molecular results prior to releasing final report
· Assists in developing the molecular genetics module for the LIS, including developing molecular report templates
Doctoral Degree in Biological Science, including Human Genetics, Biochemistry, or Clinical Laboratory Science from an accredited institution.
At least two years of training in laboratory genetics, including cytogenetics and molecular genetics.
ABMGG certified (or eligible) in clinical cytogenetics and clinical molecular genetics, or Laboratory Genetics and Genomics (LGG)
Certification by the State of Florida Division of Health as a Clinical Laboratory Director
Experience with next generation sequencing, variant interpretations and reporting as applicable to acquired disorders.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Apply at www.flcancer.com
Internal Number: 62019
About American Oncology Network, LLC (AON)
American Oncology Network, LLC (AON) is an alliance of physicians and seasoned healthcare leaders partnering to ensure the long-term success of community oncology. AON was created and is led by the leadership team responsible for the success of Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute, the nation’s largest independent community oncology practice. With more than three decades of expertise in all areas of oncology practice management, AON enables physicians to focus on what matters most – providing the highest quality care for patients.
We preserve and protect the sustainability of community oncology for physicians, patients and partners, so practices thrive and every American has local access to exceptional cancer care.
Team members enjoy a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance as well as generous paid time off, holiday pay, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k