Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital have open full-time tenure track and non-tenure track faculty positions, assistant professor to professor, commensurate with qualifications.
About Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital
• Provides care from throughout the West Tennessee, East Arkansas and North Mississippi tri-state region, with programs of distinction attracting patients from across the country
• 255 beds
• Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Children’s Hospital in seven pediatric specialties for 2016-17
• Home to the only pediatric tertiary care center, level IV accredited epilepsy program and American College of Surgeons-accredited level I pediatric trauma center in the region
• Provides outpatient care in all the pediatric subspecialties, including cancer care in partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
• Interdisciplinary teams work well together to provide exceptional care for each patient The University of Tennessee Health Science Center and Le Bonheur Children's Hospital are undergoing an exciting period of rapid academic growth, with a clear vision, strong institutional leadership and a welldeveloped strategic plan to welcome the era of precision medicine into the Memphis community. The environment provides a unique opportunity to build clinical, research and educational programs in community-focused areas of need, which include childhood obesity, asthma, renal and neurodevelopmental disorders, cardiovascular disease, critical care and others.
About Genetics at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital
The Genetics Division touches all areas and is poised to help transform what has traditionally been an outstanding clinical environment into a leading academic medical center, including:
• participation in basic and population-based genomics research
• making use of existing and developing resources and technologies on campus, including pediatric and adult biorepositories, to ensure representation of underserved communities in precision medicine initiatives.
Population-based studies will rely on the observations of astute clinicians who recognize patients that fall outside the norm and who are accustomed to providing detailed descriptions of clinical features.
Accordingly, no specialist is better equipped than the clinical geneticist to identify the 'low hanging fruit' of genomic discovery. Irrespective of clinical and/or research background, all are valued in our division, and our Genetics team will help build the community-focused clinical, research and educational missions, while having a substantial and meaningful impact on the community-at-large both in our clinics and with our research.
• Clinical practice • Research (including laboratory start-up packages, if applicable) • Teaching, including supervision of genetic counselors, fellows, residents and students who regularly participate on our clinical services
• MD or MD/PhD • Board eligibility/certification in Clinical Genetics • Additional board eligibility/certification in Clinical Biochemical Genetics is desirable but not required • Tennessee medical licensure is required prior to start date
Applicants should have a commitment to diversity and equal opportunity and interact well with diverse communities. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admissions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
2 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 60000000
About Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
Founded in 1952, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital is the first and only comprehensive pediatric medical center in Memphis and its surrounding region. Each year more than 250,000 children visit our campus to receive outstanding health care from more than 700 pediatric specialists.
Recognized among the nation’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report, Le Bonheur is always on the side of children, advocating on their behalf so we can provide them with the care they need.
It’s been that way since we opened in 1952. We’ve mattered to children every day since. From the ordinary bumps and sniffles of childhood to its most life-altering extremes, Le Bonheur Children’s is prepared for whatever a child’s life might throw at us. We are never surprised by what kids bring with them when they come through our doors.