The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) seeks an outstanding individual to serve as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position is full time with excellent benefits.
Applications accepted until the position is filled. Send applications with curriculum vitae and the names of three professional references to Melanie Wells (on behalf of the ACMG CEO Search Committee), American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1101, Bethesda, MD 20814 email@example.com. The ACMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Description: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for the daily conduct of the affairs of ACMG and the ACMG Foundation (ACMGF). The CEO will be expected to lead the organization in a manner that contributes to the ongoing success of ACMG and furthers its mission while exemplifying enviable leadership, collaboration, communication, and fairness.
Primary Location: Bethesda, MD
Education and Experience: Requirements • Doctor of Medicine degree, or equivalent • Certification by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics • Valid unrestricted medical license in the United States
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have • Outstanding leadership, communication and collaboration skills • Administrative experience • Experience in dealing with the intricacies of legislative and regulatory processes and advocacy • Familiarity with grant writing and oversight
Essential Functions: • Provides leadership and medical expertise for all ACMG and ACMGF activities.
• Evaluates the current strengths of the organization and identifies areas for productive growth in educational, advocacy, clinical practice support, and research programs.
• Develops, proposes and, with Board approval, implements innovative and effective programs and services for the membership including those dictated by the strategic plan.
• Serves as principal spokesperson on program and policy matters, as defined by the ACMG and ACMGF Boards.
• Develops and maintains relationships with other professional organizations.
• Implements decisions of the ACMG and ACMGF Boards and committees, evaluates impacts of these changes, and communicates progress to the respective Board.
• Establishes organization structure and administrative policies/procedures for staff, ensuring staff support for activities of the Boards, committees, and special projects.
• As business manager of Genetics in Medicine, maintains a close working relationship with the Editor in Chief, Managing Editor, and Publisher to assure overall goals for the journal.
• Ensures sound fiscal practices for ACMG and ACMGF and develops innovative revenue- generating strategies with ACMGF.
• Oversees ACMG research efforts that have been approved by the ACMG Board. Ensures that all requirements of grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts are fulfilled.