Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is seeking an experienced Board Certified Physician to join Baystate Health as Medical Director, Quality and Population Health.
The Medical Director of Quality and Population Health will:
- Provide transformational leadership toward the development of quality and population health goals and priorities to ensure the optimal provision of care to patients.
- Lead the effective and efficient implementation of a new models to ensure highest quality of care.
- Work collaboratively with all specialties to build a value based, coordinated model of care including tracking and improving outcomes.
- Coordinate and implement new technologies and care delivery systems to engage patients in novel ways.
- Assist in leading the organization in the transition from Fee-for-Service to global payments and understanding alternative payment models.
- Serve as a key leader with other stake holders in the population health of our region.
This opportunity features:
- A supportive leadership team dedicated to a mission of caring for total health of our population, and doing so in an impeccably high quality manner.
- Lead quality and health initiatives of Baystate Medial Practices, a nearly 900-member provider group, as well as ensuring collaboration with 1,200 Baycare physician members.
- Opportunity to work in an academic, physician led, organization committed to Safety, Quality, Value, and Patient Satisfaction.
- Opportunity to continue clinical practice (1 session per week) in an established practice.
The ideal candidate should have strong organizational, change management, leadership and communication skills in order to forge strong collaborative relationships across entire health system to drive change. An experienced board certified physician with a minimum of 5 years of clinical experience and 2 years of administrative professional experience, a strong clinical background and proven competence in the principles of quality, and performance improvement.
Baystate Health is a leading integrated delivery system including the flagship academic hospital, regional medical school, children’s’ hospital, 3 community hospitals, a large employed medical practice with over 50 practice locations, home health division, and a health plan. Baystate Health consistently ranks among the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare organizations. As a not-for-profit, mission-driven, integrated health system, Baystate Health serves a population of more than 750,000 people in communities across western Massachusetts. We are committed to hiring clinicians who value a culture of compassion and appreciate diversity—while delivering a higher state of caring.
For more information, visit
Pam Snyder, Director Physician Recruitment,
Phone: 413-794-2623 ; Email: Pamela.Snyder@baystatehealth.org
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.