Providence is calling a Surgical Technologist (Operating Room, Variabel Shift, 0.0 FTE - On-Call) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Prepare the surgical environment for the patient and the procedure being performed.
- Set up and maintain a sterile field.
- Maintain familiarity, function and proper care of all operating room equipment and instruments.
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team, and assist the surgeon during procedures as necessary.
- Initiate responsibility for care of specimens.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team according to the requirements of the procedure.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician program
- Current Surgical Technologist license/registration in Washington State
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current National Certified Surgical Technician certification
- Recent operating room experience
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 136877