Providence is calling a Pharmacist (Inpatient, Variable Shift, 0.0FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position details: This is an on-call position with variable shifts.
In this position you will:
- Fill medication orders to all inpatient and/or outpatient areas.
- Ensure prompt and accurate delivery of medications to patient, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Review, process and check physician orders and patient medication profiles.
- Provide pharmaceutical and drug interaction information to the medical staff, hospital staff, and the public.
- Have responsibility for recommending changes in a patient's drug therapy and capable in interpreting and evaluating physician orders for the most cost effective, appropriate therapy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current license or eligible for license as a Registered Pharmacist in Washington State
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Completion of ASHP accredited residency program
- Prior hospital pharmacy experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 145890