Swedish Medical Center is looking for aResearch Coordinator I \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work in Clinical Trials Research atSwedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Research Coordinator I coordinatesresearch and administrative tasks in support of one or more research studies\.Works with study investigators and supervisor to address study\-related issues\.This position will primarily support one clinical area conducting InvestigatorInitiated Research Projects\. Experience with electronic medical records,databases and record abstraction preferred\. Supports department financialperformance through budgeting, billing and as directed\. The ideal candidatewill be comfortable working independently and with a high level of autonomy\.
Schedule: 6:00 AM \- 2:30 PM
In this position you will:
- Develop specialized research instruments
- Abstract clinical data from the medical record for research evaluation
- Assist in the preparation of scientific manuscripts and presentations
- Participates in quality control activities
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Healthcare, or related field\. Significant experience in research coordination can be substituted for education
- Minimum one year of experience in related field
- Basic knowledge of FDA research policies
- Must be well versed in scientific terminology
- Familiar with research protocols and standard study requirements
- Washington State Medical Assistant\-Registered will be required with Swedish Medical Center facility application completed within 7 days of hire\. Must obtain license within 60 days of hire\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator \(CCRC\) or similar professional research certification
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Research
Req ID: 147642