Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Monitor Technician II \(0\.9 FTE, Nights\) to work in the Intensive Care EICU at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA
The monitor tech II \(MT\) is responsible for continuously monitoring patients via telemetry of oxygen saturation \(Sp02\) levels and/or electrocardiogram \(ECG\) rhythm on patients from a remote workstation located in the TeleICU Clinical Operations Room \(COR\) or other nursing units\.
In this position you will:
- Communicate all concerns to Staff Registered Nurse \(RN\) or Charge Nurse\.
- Utilize TeleICU RN \(tRN\) as a resource\.
- Provide clerical support to the workflows of the TeleICU clinical staff \(tMD and tRN\)\.
- Assist and participate with the orientation of new Monitor Tech I and Nursing staff\.
- Will be assigned to Trending Monitoring or Live Monitoring based on needs of the business\.
- Maintain telemetry monitoring equipment and report malfunctioning equipment to Clinical Engineering\.
- Be responsible for alarm management in collaboration with nursing: setting low/high rate alarms and assuring that alarms are on at all times\.
- Be responsible for performing general secretarial/clerical duties supporting Tele ICU activities\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED\.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Arrhythmia Interpretation class
- 1 year of recent ECG Monitoring Experience\.
- Managing a patient monitoring load of 35 patients on multiple monitors\.
- Working knowledge of Window's based applications\.
- CPR Certification\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:\.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology\.
- Previous experience using electronic medical records\.
About Swedish Shared Services\.
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus\. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle\.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: EKG and Monitor Techs
Req ID: 147130