Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Case Management Specialist \- MSW to join our growing team\!
Shift Details: Full time, 0\.9\. Day shifts\.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited educational institution required\.
- Must be registered as an MSW with a 'SW Associate Advance License' in Washington State; Or if Master's degree is in a related field, must be a Registered Counselor with a 'Counselor Agency Affiliated Registration' in Washington State\. An SW Independent Clinical License and/or Mental Health Counselor License will be considered in lieu of the above\.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required\.
- Two years recent inpatient clinical experience in an acute care facility preferred\.
- Case management experience preferred\.
- Healthcare utilization review, discharge planning, and/or social work experience preferred\.
- Psychiatric based experience preferred\.
- Prefer bi\-lingual or multi\-lingual skills\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Specialist, Case Management \- MSW you perform and coordinate case management functions including utilization management, discharge planning, analyzing medical records, and abstracting clinical information\. Provide crisis intervention and referral to appropriate community counseling agencies for patients and families that require additional clinical support\. Educate physicians and staff about case management process, focusing on utilization review/management issues\.
- Supports the efficient processes of discharge planning in collaboration with the physicians\.
- Performs admission and concurrent review activities through assessment and evaluation of patient medical records to facilitate timely care delivery and efficiency while minimizing cost to the patient and the Medical Center\.
- Follows through on identified issues appropriately according to laws, regulations, established standards and criteria, and policies and procedures\.
- Monitors the clinical status for patients ensuring that the therapeutic services are being administered at a specific level of care
- Takes an active role on the Interdisciplinary team in assisting in the planning for post\-acute care in the least restrictive environment\.
- Performs retrospective reviews on discharged patients in response to third party payor requests and for quality review purposes\.
- Advises physicians regarding appropriateness of admission based on Interqual Criteria; and facilitates appropriate level of care\. May require assistance in facilitating pursuit of alternate level of care\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
To provide quality health care for every patient\. Our Vision: To be the comprehensive regional integrated health delivery system\. Our Values: Respect, Integrity, and Cooperation\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 150516