Providence is calling an Accounts Payable Specialist to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking an Account Payable Specialist to perform moderately complex accounting support assignments in accordance with standard procedures. Primary areas of responsibility performing a variety of accounts payable processes, applying GAAP rules to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and related records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical data for use in reports.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of high volume of incoming invoices received through multiple electronic sources..
- Verify vendor invoices for accuracy and correct documentation and approvals to ensure timely recording of liabilities.
- Schedule invoice payment dates according to policy and contractual obligations.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements.
- Use your intermediate excel skills to troubleshoot and reconcile vendor invoices in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with other departments to maintain accurate and up to date files for all vendors.
- Work with other team members and customer services to resolve vendor issues.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- The equivalent of a High School diploma or GED and coursework in Accounting.
- A minimum of one to two years of accounting support experience, preferably involving accounts payable.
- Proficient in use of computers, and intermediate excel skills including pivot tables and V-lookup functions.
- Proficient in use of 10-key, multi-line phone system and other common office equipment.
About the department you will serve.
Supply Chain Management supports the transformation of quality and affordable care by delivering excellence through a system wide, integrated supply chain that provides strategic leadership and services to customers and caregivers. This team is proud to be the service that fills the caring hands that heal patients.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supply Chain
Req ID: 148052