Providence is calling a Patient Transporter to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, WA.
This is a part-time (24 hrs/week), day shift position.
In this position you will:
- Ensure the safe movement of patients of all ages to and from hospital medical areas including the lab department, imaging, operating department and patient hospital rooms.
- Transport lab specimens and equipment, such as stretchers and wheelchairs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Direct customer service experience.
- Previous healthcare experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) certificate or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certificate.
- Experience in a health care setting that involves movement of ambulatory or non-ambulatory patients.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current CPR certification.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic electronic medical record system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Care Tech/Asst/Aide (non licensed)
Req ID: 150361