Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Social Work Case Manager \(Per Diem, Days\) to work in Care Coordination at Swedish Edmonds located in Edmonds, WA\.
The Social Work Case Manager provides clinical case management functions via a collaborative process that transitions patients to optimal clinical outcomes while assuring safe, cost\-effective care\.
In this position you will:
- Conduct psychosocial need assessments for patients and families during hospital stay, identifying risk factors and strengths of patient/family support system
- Provide supportive counseling and crisis intervention, evaluate patient needs for psychiatric referral and provide drug abuse assessments
- Facilitate resolution of all legal issues including: protection; adoptions; administrative, police and CPS holds; power of attorney; guardianship etc
- Educate patient and family of transition plans upon admission and provides updates and/or changes throughout the hospital stay
- Contact and arrange placements to skilled nursing facilities, rehab, long\-term care, specialty care, home health, etc\. to assure post hospital care
- Work with Patient Access Liaisons to facilitate screening for financial needs
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- Licensure as a Social Worker in the State of Washington
- Experience in social services
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations relevant to the area
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in social services experience in a heath care setting
- Experience in crisis intervention
About the Edmonds Campus
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 145923