Providence is calling a Medical Technologist (MT) (Night Shift, 0.875 FTE) to Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Maintain and keep current skills and knowledge for the job through continued education programs.
- Analyze and evaluate quality control checks to assure accurate patient results.
- Demonstrate procedures, instrumentation and techniques to train staff.
- Maintain ongoing and overall quality of the total testing process, relative to meeting patient's and customer's needs.
- Perform a variety of diagnostic testing and follows established guidelines for the prioritization of work.
- Evaluate testing results for accuracy and appropriate intervention, perform computer data entry and maintains expertise with computer systems.
- Intervene to correct problems encountered when an instrument/test methodology fails.
- Perform instrument/equipment and reagent/supply maintenance functions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Baccalaureate Degree in related health science
- Medical Technologist (MT) (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP) required if hired after March 2015.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Mount Carmel Hospital is a Critical Access hospital in Colville, WA serving a three county area in Northeast Washington. We are a progressive, full service hospital offering advanced medical and surgical care as well as specialty support and outpatient services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 151540