Providence is calling a Sterile Processing Technician to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
This is a per diem position.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to sterilize surgical instruments and other medical equipment.
In this position you will:
- Sort, disassemble, clean and disinfect trays, instruments, carts, supplies and equipment
- Select and use effective and safe sterilization procedures and cleaning methods
- Operate and maintain cleaning, sanitizing and sterilization equipment
- Provide instrument sets for surgical procedures and case carts for booked and emergency surgery
- Use computers to maintain supplies and records
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of Central Services Technician or Surgery Technologist training program
- Current Central Supply Certification or Surgery Technology Certification
- Hospital sterile processing or health care materials management experience
- Medical terminology experience
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Other Licensed Technicians
Req ID: 150764