Providence Health & Services-Oregon is dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer, heart disease, and conditions of the brain, spine and nervous system. Its world-class research facility is one of only a few research centers in the Pacific Northwest focusing exclusively on immunotherapy as curative therapies for cancer patients.
The translational focus of the research provides a unique, academic environment for conducting basic, clinical and applied science. The Biostatistician 3 will provide statistical consultation and collaboration to basic and clinical researchers in Oregon, with significant focus on cancer research. Incumbent will have the opportunity to work on developing novel statistical methodologies and/or improve the current methodologies.
Providence is calling a Biostatistician 3 to Providence Portland Medical Center in Portland, OR. Relocation assistance and sign-on bonus may be offered.
In this position you will:
- Perform statistical analysis of research data generated by Providence researches.
- Develop and oversee statistical functions including the design and analysis of pre-clinical experiments, clinical trials, outcomes research, grant preparation, authoring scientific and clinical publications, and implementing statistical methodologies.
Qualifications for this position include:
- PhD in Biostatistics, statistics or a statistically related field
- 4 - 8 yrs direct experience in data base management, advanced statistical analysis, presentation and word processing software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, including developing and conducting training on biostatistics
- Publication history is expected
- Ability to work independently is essential, as well as effectively interact with research scientists and clinicians in a team environment
- Prefer prior knowledge of immunotherapy
- Prefer skills programming in SAS or R.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest health care system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their health care needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Research
Req ID: 139403