Providence is calling a Nursing Assistant ( Full Time / Night Shift ) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a pivotal role in our multidisciplinary care environment. As one of the top private employers in the region, we are motivated by our nearly 160 year tradition of providing high-quality, compassion-filled care and are benefiting from a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged.
Discover the atmosphere that will nourish your passion and inspire your best work. Learn more about Providence Health & Services by watching this short video: https://youtu.be/d3UiKKt52Cg?list=PL01D9EB12344ECC85
In this position you will:
- Perform delegated routine and predictable patient care tasks/duties and work under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- These duties may include, but are not limited to vital signs, monitoring, basic patient care and transportation.
- Respond appropriately to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Graduate of any accredited Certified Nursing Assistant program or Nursing Assistant program or demonstrated equivalency ( such as experience as a corpsman, EMT, foreign-licensed RN or MD ), completion of 2nd semester of accredited Nursing Program, HHA with 1-2 years experience.
- Requires fluent ability to understand oral and written English directives, including English text.
- Requires the ability to perform basic arithmetic computations ( add, subtract, multiply, divide ).
- Requires the ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated tasks.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative ( service-oriented ) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent hospital direct patient care experience on an acute, sub-acute, or skilled nursing facility
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
We are the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 149621