Providence is calling a Patient Care Representative II ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to Providence Saint John's Health Center Physician Clinic location in Santa Monica.
In this position you will:
- Under the general supervision of the Practice Site Manager, the Patient Care Representative II is responsible for patient management, the flow of patients through the front office in an efficient and professional manner, the accurate coding of services rendered and over the counter cash management, management of patient charts and information, eligibility verification of insurance benefits, electronic appointment scheduling and patient registration, collection and submission of billing charge slips and other special projects as required.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum 2 years experience in medical office
- Proficient in P.C. software applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to work effectively with many people at various levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize.
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers, including, but not limited to, patients,co-workers, management, physicians, and visitors.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance to hospital policy.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 4 year college degree.
- Experience in using electronic health record (EHR).
- Expertise in CPT and ICD.9 coding.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinics/Medical Group
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 149369