Providence is calling a Patient Care Technician to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Patient Care Technician is accountable to the bedside RN and charge nurse to facilitate a safe and secure environment for the patient, family and providers.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate understanding of and provide care according to Standards of Practice and the patient's care plan.
- Perform duties that assist with activities of daily living such as bathing, ambulating, and nourishment.
- Transport labs, obtain clean catch and other types of urine samples, perform point-of–care testing to include blood glucose, transports and/or escort patients, as well as hold patients/infants for care or procedures.
- Communicate effectively with the RN or other caregivers regarding patient issues, family issues, MD issues, and equipment.
- Watch patients closely for changes in their health and respond by informing RN immediately.
- Electronically document information in an accurate, concise and timely manner.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Completion of Medical Terminology course or successful completion of hospital Medical terminology test within ninety (90) days of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of CNA program or six (6) months of health care experience.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Care Tech/Asst/Aide (non licensed)
Req ID: 150487