Providence is calling a Mental Health Therapist, Out-Patient Chemical Dependency, to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Mental Health Therapist OPCD will provide counseling, education and case management to patients assigned in structured programs of Breakthrough Outpatient as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
In this position you will:
- Identify patient clinical problems in diagnostic summary and incorporates them into treatment planning process utilizing JCAHO, program standards, and 12 step principles.
- Perform patient chemical dependency assessments. Perform psychosocial assessments under direct supervision. Conduct individual chemical dependence counseling sessions.
- Plan and facilitate group therapy. Utilizing 12 step recovery principles, functions as a solo, primary group therapist.
- Coordinate and participate in case staffing.
- Maintain communication with the treatment team regarding patient management. Meet regularly with Clinical Supervisor to review cases and for evaluation and feedback regarding clinical and work related performance.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or health related field.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Flexible schedule to meet department needs.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Licensure in one (1) or more of the following: Clinical Social Work (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT), Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Six or more months experience in Chemical Dependency or Behavioral Health treatment.
- Family therapy experience.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 148369