Providence is calling a Physical Therapist to Providence Home Health in Anchorage, AK. Full time.
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, kayak, or take in scenic views of Alaska for it's breathtaking and vibrant landscape? Work closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. Enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
The Physical Therapist will develop, coordinate, and maintain Physical Therapy services in collaboration with physicians, primary partners, and patient/family.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluates physical therapy under the prescription of a physician licensed in the State of Alaska.
- Communicate with team members and outside agencies to identify patient needs, changes, overall condition of patient, and determine future levels of care.
- Contact vendors for durable medical equipment needs.
- Document evaluation, plan, care delivered and outcomes according to hospital and department standards.
- Provide patient, family and community education.
Required qualification for this position include:
- Bachelor's, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Alaska.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Experience and credentials in sub-specialty.
About Providence Home Health
Providence Home Health is proud to be the oldest and largest home health in the state. We've built a reputation for high quality care and positive relationships with both our clients and their doctors. At Providence, it's our people who make the difference. In addition to our staff's knowledge, experience and professionalism, it's perhaps our friendly, caring manner you'll appreciate most. We love working with people – and it shows in the quality of care and attention you'll receive.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: 150208