Providence is calling a part time Mental Health Specialist to the Providence Crisis Recovery Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Work with other members of staff to provide patient care by assisting the nursing and clinical staff in unit functions including documentation, clerical and admitting support, physical care, and therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Address treatment issues in individual therapy.
- Co-facilitate group therapy.
- Facilitate psycho-education groups, leisure and creative activities related to mental health recovery.
- Document assessments, interventions, and activities related to patient's plan of care.
- Establish positive working relationships and role models effective communication skills.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree Psychology, Social Work, or related field.
- Requires knowledge of mental health issues (both theory and practice), crisis intervention techniques, assessment techniques, and understanding of family systems dynamics.
- Requires strong crisis intervention, assessment, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- BLS is required at the time of hire.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 150621