Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Career Opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner Specialty Care in Loveland, Colorado
Provides specialty health care services in both outpatient and acute care settings for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
- Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
- Provides inpatient care to include preoperative, intra-operative, and post-operative services, as well as critical care/intensive care medical management.
- Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in area of practice.
- Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement.
- Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges.
- Allied Health credentialing through Medical Staff Services office required.
- Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process.
- Certification by the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center), licensing verification by the State Board of Nursing, search of the HSS, EPLS, and DEA systems.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)