Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital is a freestanding, not-for-profit, 102-licensed bed facility on Chicago's West and Southwest Side that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient programs for adults and children. Schwab is a proud member of Sinai Health System and the first fully licensed and accredited rehabilitation hospital in the Midwest. Our therapists see patients through the entire continuum of care, from acute inpatient admissions at Mount Sinai Hospital, to inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient therapy services at Schwab. We also have a hospital-based rehabilitation-focused short-term sub-acute unit at Schwab that provides both therapy and nursing services with exceptional outcomes. Our rehabilitation team takes a holistic, interdisciplinary approach to address the physical, cognitive and psychosocial needs of each patient. Each patient is assessed and provided with a personalized care plan tailored to help achieve maximal independence and function. Schwab offers seven treatment gyms featuring private treatment rooms, a warm-water indoor therapy pool, and an award-winning therapeutic rooftop garden. The Speech Language Pathologist works as part of a large multi-disciplinary team. The patient mix is primarily Pediatrics with some Adult. The responsibilities are to evaluate, plan, interpret and implement specific treatment programs for patients with cognitive-communication or swallowing disorders in order to facilitate the patient's maximum recovery potential.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Selects appropriate evaluation tools to assess and diagnose a variety of cognitive, communication and swallowing impairments related to functional ability.
- Develops goals and treatment plans based upon a comprehensive Speech-Language Pathology assessment and evaluation. Takes into account the goals of the patient, family, and/or caregiver as well as rehabilitation prognosis. Adjusts goals and treatment plans as necessary to meet patients' changing needs.
- Provides effective, skilled, and evidence-based therapeutic interventions in all areas of cognitive, communication and swallowing disorders (individual and group therapy). Utilizes appropriate devices and/or special equipment to enhance patient's communication and/or swallowing skills.
- Participates in discharge planning, including making appropriate discharge recommendations, and may include educating patient, family, and/or caregiver, providing a home program, arranging equipment needs and recommending follow-up care.
- Prepares thorough documentation in a timely and appropriate manner, meeting departmental, hospital, and regulatory standards for initial evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries, daily documentation, and other documents as needed. Documentation supports charges billed, demonstrates skilled interventions, and identifies necessity for Speech-Language Pathology services.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and meets department standards (e.g. productivity, chart reviews, completion of documentation).
- Demonstrates knowledge of own scope of service including any new regulatory changes in professional practice; monitors own compliance.
- Communicates effectively with, team members, staff, other health care professionals, patients, families, and caregivers to achieve optimum care for patients, to facilitate team interaction, and to positively represent the department and hospital.
- Conducts self in a professional manner in all interactions, behaviors, and communication with leadership. Demonstrates accountability for own actions and job performance. Accepts constructive feedback in a positive manner.
- Participates in the departmental quality process; contributes ideas for operational improvements. Supports change initiatives.
- Education Loan Repayment - up to $6000
- Continuing Education
- 21 PTO days per year
- 403 b with Matching Contributions
- Medical / Dental / Vision coverage
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology (SLP)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be fluent in Spanish & English.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed by the State of Illinois or eligible
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!!