Akron Children’s Hospital is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report and is a healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 900 providers, who manage 800,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
The Director of the Division of Medical Genetics will oversee the clinical and research activities of a well-established team of two clinical geneticists, seven genetic counselors, a nurse and a metabolic dietician, who work collaboratively to treat a wide range of both adult and pediatric patients with varied genetic disorders in Akron Children's Hospital’s Genetic Center. The Center’s clinical services are supported in part by the Ohio Department of Health, as a Regional Comprehensive Genetics Center.
The Staff Clinical Geneticist will work collaboratively with the genetics team providing care for patients with inherited or otherwise genetically influenced health issues.
These positions offer opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of geneticists and counselors affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation opportunities through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and area universities
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD, MD/PhD, or DO degree, board certification/eligibility by the American Board of Medical Genetics and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio. Individuals with training in either Pediatrics or Internal Medicine, with experience in medical genetics are encouraged to apply.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. As the fifth largest city in Ohio, Akron is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premiere destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
Interested candidates may submit their CV to Jane Hensley, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org or call 330-543-3015.